Friday, 24 September 2021

Bangladesh

Child dies in Mirpur fire

Newsg Reporter 25 April, 2018, 14:45:56

  • Child dies in Mirpur fire

A seven-month-old child died in a fire in Dhaka’s Mirpur early Wednesday.

The victim and his parents were admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital with severe burns after a fire that broke out at their Dhaka’s Mirpur home around 11:45pm on Tuesday, a Fire Service official said.   

The child has been identified as Tamim, son of Manik Mian, 35 and Mina Akter, 22.

 Manik is the caretaker of the ill-fated building and lived on the ground floor with his family.

The fire burned 95 percent of Manik’s body and 80 percent of Mina, Sub-Inspector Md Bachchu Mian at the DMCH police said citing doctors.

Abdullah Al Arefin, a senior officer at Mirpur Fire Service Station, said the fire originated from a leak in the gas pipeline that went along the building.

“The fire started on the ground floor of the five-storey building after someone lit a cigarette.”

 

Reader's comments

Login

User name / email 
Password
Click here to register for new account
copyright © 2016 newsg24.com | A G-Series Company
Developed by Creativeers